The places we know and love in Wyoming County, Pennsylvania. If you have photographs you’d like to see here, please use our form.
Riverside Hotel in Meshoppen (Photo from Marty McGavin)
The Keeler House Hotel on Bridge Street in Tunkhannock, c1940 (Photo submitted by Matthew McGuire)
Falls Post Office (Submitted by Wayne Gozikowski)
A. A. Drake's Garage in Factoryville, PA in 1924 (photo submitted by Carol Hoose Brotzman)
View of West Tioga Street in Tunkhannock, c1920s (with permission of Matthew McGuire)
The Niver House in Nicholson, c1910. Submitted by Greg Palaskas
Nicholson grade school, submitted by Greg Palaskas
Tunkhannock Viaduct / Nicholson Bridge under construction. Submitted by Greg Palaskas
From the photo collection of Kenneth Crawford Mathewson father's store on Main Street in Factoryville, PA. late 1800's; submitted by James Ketcham
Nicholson main street postcard
Nicholson House hotel postcard
Falls Railroad Depot, submitted by Wayne Gozikowski
Falls Hotel, Proprietor B. M. VanAuken; submitted by Wayne Gozikowski
This postcard view of Meshoppen is from 1907.
The keystone of the arched stone bridge in Meshoppen, PA (courtesy of Michael Vorhees)
Falls PA 1910 Railroad Depot (courtesy of eBay seller lalbano6490)
The New Packer House, a prominent hotel opposite the railroad station, burned down in 1919
The Junior-Senior High School on Philadelphia Avenue, Tunkhannock, PA; opened in 1929 and demolished in 1999
The Tannery in Tunkhannock, Pennsylvania from an early 1900s postcard
Laceyville Island, postcard by E. K. Sturdevant, 1907
An early photo of Keiserville, Washington Township; From the archives of the Wyoming County Historical Society[WCHS Database photo #1562]
Postcard: "Bird's Eye view from Avery Mountain, Tunkhannock, PA"; From the archives of the Wyoming County Historical Society
Postcard: "Tioga Street East from Warren Street, Tunkhannock, PA"; From the archives of the Wyoming County Historical Society
Postcard: "View of bridge and business section, Tunkhannock, PA"; From the archives of the Wyoming County Historical Society
Nicholson War Monument: "ERECTED IN HONOR OF MEN AND WOMEN OF NICHOLSON PA WHO SERVED IN WORLD WAR 2"; also see the close-up photo for the names on the monument.
Nicholson War Monument close-up: "ERECTED IN HONOR OF MEN AND WOMEN OF NICHOLSON PA WHO SERVED IN WORLD WAR 2"
"BIRDS EYE VIEW OF MESHOPPEN PA FROM KENNARDS PARK"; From the archives of the Wyoming County Historical Society
[WCHS Database photo #1442]
Invitation to a ball, Mehoopany, 1888. Photo courtesy of David Wampler.
This very early photo shows the JENNINGS & KINTNER enterprise in North Mehoopany and who are undoubtedly family and employees; From the archives of the WCHS
[WCHS Database photo #1463]
World War II memorial in Beaumont, Monroe Township, Wyoming County, Pennsylvania; also see the close-up photo for the names on the monument.
This close-up of the WWII memorial in Beaumont shows the names of the citizens of Monroe Township who served.
Meshoppen postcard mailed in 1923 [Courtesy of David Turner]
The Nicholson Fire of 1914, from the Nicholson Heritage Association Collection
Myers/Henning house in Mehoopany, Pennsylvania [Photo courtesy of Denise Henning]
Lumber Mill, Tunkhannock, PA [WCHS Database photo]
The L. V. (Lehigh Valley) railroad depot in Laceyville; photo courtesy of paperpeasant on eBay
Street Scene, Mehoopany postcard photo shows the settlement on the east side of Mehoopany Creek. The street is now the first section of "Dug Road".
This photo postcard is looking across Mehoopany Creek from the west. The largest building is the Jennings House hotel.
2018 - Copyright © Wyoming County Historical Society - All Rights Reserved